To develop knowledge and understanding of the business environment and the influence this has on how organisations and accountants operate, and of the role of the accountant and other key business functions in contributing to an efficient, effective and ethical organisation, and to build knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of effective management.
- Business organisation structure, governance and management.
- Key environmental influences and constraints on business and accounting.
- History and role of accounting in business.
- Specific functions of accounting and internal financial control.
- Leading and managing individuals and teams.
- Recruiting and developing effective employees.
- The examination comprises:
Accountant in business is a 2 hour paper for which pass mark is 50%
40 x 2 mark questions - 80
10 x 1 mark questions - 10
Total Marks 90 marks
All questions are compulsory.