|Intermediate||12 hours||79 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- Microsoft Office Access 2010 Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Access 2010 is the newest version of Microsoft's popular database program. This Intermediate level is intended to help those who are familiar with the basics of Access do more with their database. This manual will also help more experienced users who have little to no experience with Access 2007 and the ribbon interface.
- Highlights of the course include information on file management, including exporting and packaging files, advanced table creation, and management techniques. As well, we will provide in-depth information about creating forms, reports, and queries.
- Advanced File Tasks
- In this section, students will learn how to perform file management tasks using Windows Explorer and learn how to repair and encrypt database files. This section also covers the additional database formats supported by Access, how to export database information to a variety of different file formats, and how to link a database to other files.
- Working with Tables
- This section goes deeper into table creation and covers topics like table management. Topics include field properties, how to format tables, how to change field data types, and how to apply various tools to control what sort of data is permitted in a table. This section also expands on table data entry by explaining how to create and use lookup fields and value lists.
- Working with Forms
- Next, we will discuss the basics of creating forms using the Wizard as well as from scratch. Participants will learn how to work with form controls, format their form, and format the form controls, both in appearance and functionality. This section also introduces themes, which provide one-click customization.
- Working with Reports
- Students will learn how to create and use reports including formatting report sections, work with calculated controls, and group and sort report data. This section also discusses how to format reports, including themes, logos, and font changes. Finally, students will learn how to add images, page numbers, and apply conditional formatting.
- Working with Queries
- This final section will show how to use multiple tables in queries, create calculated controls, and use the Expression Builder. Finally, we will cover how to create and use parameter, crosstab, make-table, append, delete, and update action queries.