This course aims to introduce main concepts and vitally practical aspects of AML/CFT measures and skills necessary for professionals to be able to apply in their job processes. The course comprises 3 main themes which will examine behavioral/professional skills in compliance issues and major legal concepts such as AML/CFT measures that professionals will use it to meet its obligations and global challenges as well as mitigate all kind of risk in terms of their institutions.
What will students learn?
The objective of this course is to teach professionals who are lawyers and non-lawyers to understand international standards and legal acts, introduce basic legal concepts, understanding the legal environment and practical issues in AML/CFT sphere and strengthen their analytical ability in order effectively monitor transaction, detect suspicious transactions and protect their institution from all kind of risks. By taking this course, participants will achieve to understand AML/CFT standards, policies and legislative measures generally and particularly will work on compliance measures such as establishing internal control system, detecting suspicions transactions, working with supervisory stakeholders and law-enforcement authorities. The course will be organized on the basis of different case studies that will support comprehensive understanding of AML/CFT system. All relevant information will describe local environment and features and it will trigger more practical results.
What topics are covered?
- International Standards:
- FATF Recommendations
- European Union Directives
- Basel Committee Principles
- National Legislation:
- AML/CFT Law
- Requirements for establishment of internal control system
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Establishment of internal control system
- Obligations of management board
- Obligation of compliance officer
- Red flags
- High risk transactions
- Communication with law enforcement authorities
- Explanation and working with terminology.
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Price and dates are subject to change:
- At the end of course students will get non-falsifiable certificates