The Certificate in Business Accounting is our entry level accounting qualification for students with little or no accounting background. It is a recognised qualification in its own right and is valued by employers.
There are five papers at this level and all must be passed before you can proceed to the professional qualification.
On completion you will be awarded the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting.
- Can be studied at student's own pace.
- Students may be entitled to exemptions..
- On average students complete all 5 exams within 1 year.
- Two hour computer based assessment.
- Questions will be taken from syllabus topics: full syllabus detail (PDF 1MB)
- On-screen scientific calculator can be used (read full terms and conditions; PDF 111KB)
- 50% pass mark
Read our certificate frequently asked questions (PDF 156KB) for more detail.
New online practice tests
Buy CIMA Aptitude at a fantastic discounted rate and get access to the full set of practice questions in both 'practice' mode and 'timed assessment' mode. CIMA Aptitude is a question bank that simulates the real assessments and is the perfect tool to help you get 'exam ready'.
Get more help from CIMA
CIMAstudy.com takes you step-by-step through the CIMA qualification and has helped thousands of students pass their exams.
Official CIMA text books - Helping you pass the first time whichever method of study you choose.
Transition from 2006 syllabus
We revised the certificate in business accounting for 2011. See transition arrangements (PDF 27KB) from the 2006 syllabus.