Performance reviews are an essential component of employee development. The performance review meeting is an important aspect of career planning, and the outcomes of the meeting should be known to the employee and supervisor before the meeting actually takes place. Remember what the German philosopher Goethe said: “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being.” Setting goals and objectives to aim for will give both supervisors and employees a focus, and is one of the key aspects to meeting overall company objectives. Supervisors must also learn how to give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop. Performance appraisals involve all these activities.
What Will Students Learn?
- The importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- How to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
- Skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- An effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
- How to make the performance review legally defensible.
What Topics are Covered?
- Common errors and solutions
- Types of performance reviews
- The performance management process
- Setting standards and goals
- Creating a performance development plan
- Feedback and communication skills
- Accepting criticism
- Appraisal preparation
- Planning and conducting the interview
- Coaching and maintaining performance
- Terminating an employee
- Performance management checklists
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 360 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 24 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.