As project managers and leads, we all know how difficult it can be to accurately determine the duration of a project, yet that is exactly what is expected of us on a regular basis. This workshop will not disclose the secret of creating an accurate schedule, because there isn’t one. However, it will provide the factors and fundamental elements that you should consider and address when creating any type of schedule.
Participants should complete the Intermediate Project Management workshop prior to this course, or have equivalent knowledge.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule
What Topics are Covered?
- Projects and schedules
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Estimating activity durations
- Identifying task dependencies
- Aligning resources with activities
- Project Planning with network diagrams, the Critical Path Method, PERT, and Gantt charts
- Scheduling software
- Uncertainty and risk management
- Communication strategies
- Creating a viable schedule
- Updating and monitoring the schedule
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 240 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 16 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.