The human body is a fragile system, and we put many demands on it every day. Activities like reaching to get supplies off of a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours every day, and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies. In this two-day workshop, you will learn how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define ergonomics and its related terms
- Identify where to get ergonomics information for your region
- Identify how ergonomics can be incorporated into your workplace
- Assess your environment for ergonomic hazards, create ways to resolve those issues, and plan for implementation
- Review and evaluate your ergonomic efforts
- Use change management techniques effectively
- Describe the basic principles of ergonomics
- Outline ergonomic practices for sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Design an ergonomic workstation
- Identify important ergonomic features of tools and machines
- Understand the role that environmental factors (such as sound, air quality, and light) play in ergonomics
What Topics are Covered?
- The role of ergonomics in your workplace
- The ergonomic assessment cycle
- Identifying and assessing ergonomic hazards
- Developing a plan to address ergonomic issues
- Identifying and implementing solutions
- Obtaining employee buy-in
- Tips for successful implementation
- Reviewing your ergonomics program
- Basic ergonomic principles
- Optimal sitting and standing
- Safe lifting and transporting
- Ergonomic workstations and safe tool selection and use
- Creating an ergonomic environment
- Bringing it all together
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 240 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 16 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.