There are currently five generations in the workforce, and employers faced with mass retirements of Baby Boomers are looking for ways to prepare for the changes that will result. This course examines the history and reality of the generation gap.
This course explores whether defining the actual limits of each generation is most important, or whether the merits of people within the context of employment is the bigger issue. Understanding others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. We will explore problems, solutions, and strategies to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
What Will Students Learn?
- Identify where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce.
- Describe and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace.
- Explore organization strategies that overcome gap issues.
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention, and succession plans in context of the generation gap.
What Topics are Covered?
- History in brief
- Finding common ground
- Silents, Boomers, Xers, Y’s, and Millennials
- Recruiting that bridges the gap
- Creative solutions
- The value of planning
- Developing targeted retention strategies
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 120 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.