No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in a company boardroom or at the local coffee shop. To ensure that meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary: an assurance of closure, a strong chair or leader, and accurate minutes. It has been said that if accurate minutes have not been recorded, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place.
If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? After this one-day workshop you will understand your role as a minute-taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
What Will Students Learn?
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking.
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organization.
- Be able to resolve many of the complaints that affect minute-takers.
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semiformal meetings, and action minutes.
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting.
- Be able to prepare and maintain a minute book.
What Topics are Covered?
- The role of a minute taker
- The skills of a minute taker
- Meeting agreements
- Minute styles (formal, informal, and action)
- What do I record?
- Techniques for preparing minutes
- The minute book
- Taking minutes in an interactive meeting
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 120 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.