|Foundation||12 hours||180 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- Microsoft Project 2013 Core Essentials
- This one-level training course presents the skills that students need to get the most out of Microsoft Project 2013. The course covers topics such as setting up a project, scheduling work, managing resources, creating a timeline, managing tasks, working with deadlines and constraints, working with data, creating reports, adding the finishing touches, printing, and sharing.
- The Basics
- The course begins with a look at how to get started with Project; use the welcome project; and create, open, and save a project. Participants will also learn how to sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Setting Up a Project
- In this module, students will learn how to enter project information, set working time, choose between automatic or manual scheduling, enter tasks, and enter resources.
- Scheduling Work
- The third module shows students how to organize tasks into phases; how to link, unlink, and move tasks; and how to reschedule, split, and delete tasks.
- Managing Resources
- Resources are a critical part of any project and this module takes a look at managing them. Students are shown how to enter resources, use the Resource Information dialog, assign resources to tasks, and remove and replace resource assignments.
- Creating a Timeline
- In this module, students will learn how to show and hide the timeline, how to customize timeline tasks, how to change fonts for individual items, how to modify global text styles, and how to copy the timeline.
- Managing Tasks
- Students will take a closer look at tasks in this module. Topics include creating recurring tasks, importing tasks from Microsoft Outlook, inactivating tasks, updating task completion, and updating a project as a whole.
- Working with Deadlines and Constraints
- This module covers deadlines and constraints. Students will learn how to use the Task Information dialog, change the task calendar, use lag and lead time, and create milestones. Students will also be shown how to set deadlines and create constraints.
- Working with Data
- In this module, students will learn how to sort, filter, group, highlight, and outline data.
- Creating Reports
- Next, students will look at how to create a built-in report or create a report from scratch. The new dashboard feature is also covered. The module concludes with a look at how to create a visual report.
- The Finishing Touches
- This module takes a look at wrapping up a project. Students are shown how to view an entire project; check spelling; run the Task Inspector; apply a Gantt chart style; and highlight critical, slack, or late tasks.
- Printing and Sharing Your Project
- In this module, students are shown how to save a project as PDF or XPS, export a project as an Excel workbook, print a project, and e-mail a project.
- Customizing the Interface
- This final module looks at the interface and tips for customizing it. Students are shown how to collapse and expand the ribbon, customize the Quick Access toolbar, hide and show ribbon tabs, create custom tabs, and reset changes made to the interface.