|Intermediate||12 hours||180 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- Microsoft Office Project 2010 Intermediate
- Project 2010 is the newest version of Microsoft's project management application. This intermediate-level course will clarify the way Project manages resources, people, tasks and time, and will help lead your project towards successful completion. This course is designed to elevate the skills of the novice project planner using Microsoft’s popular management software.
- Highlights of the course include working with different types of project files, working with tasks, creating and managing resources, and an introduction to the new Timeline and Team Planner views.
- Working with Project Files
- Students will learn how to use Windows Explorer within Project to help manage their files. Other topics include file management, assigning passwords, viewing and modifying file properties, creating and using project templates, and using different project views.
- Working with Tasks
- Participants will learn about Project’s new Timeline view as well as task creation, linking, and editing. This section also discusses the different ways to mark tasks as complete and update project status.
- Working with Resources
- It’s hard to do a project without keeping track of resources, so this section will teach students how to schedule resources, edit resource characteristics, and view resource allotment and usage using a number of different views.
- Managing Resources
- This section expands on the previous material by teaching participants how to assign and replace resources, work with the Team Planner to keep track of who’s doing what, detect and eliminate resource conflicts, and learn the art of resource leveling.
- Project Monitoring Tools
- This final section will introduce students to the various ways they can keep watch over all the working parts of a project. Topics include setting and adjusting project baselines, working with interim plans, and managing the critical path. Other topics include using and interpreting progress lines and an overview of the different project tracking tools.