|Advanced||12 hours||140 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- It can be a lot of work to create a high-quality document that can be made available in various formats for various purposes. That’s where Microsoft Publisher 2013 comes in. It provides the tools to make that job much simpler and smoother. This 12-module course delves into several areas of this program that can lighten your workload. Covered in this course are: Working with Multiple Objects, Inserting Text and Links, Linking Text Boxes, Working with Styles, Using Typography Tools, Working with Images, Using the Graphics Manager, Using the Mail Merge Wizard, Advanced Mail Merge Tasks, Creating a Catalog, and Working with Templates.
- Working with Multiple Objects
- In Publisher 2013, multiple objects can be selected in a number of ways and then grouped and ungrouped, aligned and arranged. This module gives your students the skills they need to perform these tasks.
- Inserting Text and Links
- The ability to insert text and links in Publisher 2013 can be very helpful to the user. This module gives students a look at how to insert symbols, files, and objects, how to insert date and time, as well as how to create hyperlinks and bookmarks.
- Linking Text Boxes
- When there’s too much text for one text book a simple solution is close at hand in the form of linked text boxes. Students will find out in this module how to link text boxes, how to navigate through linked boxes and how to break text box links.
- Working with Styles
- Styles control several attributes of text and can save a lot of time for users. Instead of taking several steps to format text the way you want it, just apply a style. It’s as simple as that and your students will learn about how to create a new style, how to modify, delete, and import styles.
- Using Typography Tools
- Teach your students how to refine their projects with these important typography tools. This module covers: how to insert drop caps, how to choose a number or ligature style, how to choose a stylistic set, how to manage swashes, and how to choose stylistic alternates.
- Working with Images
- Images are an important part of most published documents. In this module, students will discuss how to use an image as a background, how to crop and image to a shape, how to crop an image to fit or fill, how to correct images, and how to recolor images.
- Using the Graphics Manager
- The Graphics Manager is used to manage images, including embedded or linked images. In this module, your students will benefit by learning how to open the Graphics Manager, how to set display and sort options, how to embed images, how to save linked images, how to replace images, and how to view image properties.
- Using the Mail Merge Wizard
- Mail merge is used to create large numbers of documents that are almost identical but have unique information contained in them. The Mail Merge Wizard allows you to merge information in a few simple steps. Here, students will learn to start the Mail Merge Wizard, select recipients, preview results, create the publication, and complete an e-mail merge.
- Advanced Mail Merge Tasks
- The look at Mail Merge tasks continues here at an advanced level. Students will be shown ways to use the Mailings tab, create personalized hyperlinks, print the recipient list, save a shortcut to the recipient list, and how to export the recipient list.
- Creating a Catalog, Part One
- With Microsoft Publisher 2013 you can create a professional-quality catalog. This module provides your students with the skills they need to insert catalog pages, choose a data source, create a data source from scratch, and how to choose a layout.
- Creating a Catalog, Part Two
- There are a lot of tools in Publisher 2013 to create a catalog so we broke the skills down into two sections. In this second module for catalogs, your students get a look at how to add text fields and picture fields, how to preview a catalog, and how to complete the merge.
- Working with Templates
- Templates save a huge amount of time in the production of publications that use similar layouts. This final module provides the skills to create, save, edit, and use a template.