|Foundation||12 hours||160 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- Microsoft Publisher 2013 Core Essentials
- This training package gives students the skills they need to effectively use Microsoft Publisher 2013. The students start with the basics and rapidly progress through the various features that make this program such a useful tool for desktop publishing.
- The Basics
- In the first module, students will learn the basics of signing in with a Microsoft account, how to create and save a new publication, and the benefits of the scratch area.
- Your First Publication
- This module gives students ways to deal with text in Publisher. Topics include how to create a text box and how to type, delete, and select text. The module also touches on handy time-saving features such as Undo and Redo; cut, copy, and paste; and drag and drop.
- Working with Pages
- This module covers how to insert pages, navigate through pages, delete pages, and rename pages. The module also looks at creating a page background and how to change the color and font schemes for a publication.
- Formatting Text
- The fourth module of this course takes a closer look at text. Students will learn how to change font face, size, and color, as well as how to apply text effects and change character spacing. The module also covers working with the Font dialog, how to use the Format Painter, and how to clear formatting from text.
- Working with Objects
- Objects are a big part of any publication, so this module covers how to select, resize, move, rotate, and delete an object. Contextual tabs and the mini toolbar are also covered.
- Illustrating Your Publication
- What better way to add some punch to your publication than by adding illustrations? This module shows students how to insert images from a local source or from online. It also gives students instructions on how to insert a picture placeholder, shapes, WordArt, and tables.
- Inserting Building Blocks
- This handy module shows students how to insert page parts, calendars, borders and accents, and advertisements into a publication. The basics of modifying these objects are covered as well.
- Using Business Information
- Business information can be quickly and easily copied to a publication by using Publisher’s business information sets. This module looks at how to set up business information, manage business information sets, and insert business information fields. Students will also learn how to add building blocks to the Business Information Gallery.
- The Finishing Touches
- In this module, students will learn how to use the spell checker, insert page numbers, add footers and headers, and run the Design Checker.
- Using Master Pages
- Master pages are like templates in a publication. This module describes master pages and shows how to create and edit them. Students are also shown how to send objects to the master page, apply a master page, and remove a master page.
- Printing and Sharing Your Publication
- This module looks at how to save a publication as PDF or XPS and for photo or commercial printing. Information on how to print and e-mail publications is also included.
- Customizing the Interface
- In the final module of this course, students will learn how to collapse and expand the ribbon, customize the Quick Access toolbar, hide and show ribbon tabs, create custom ribbon tabs, and reset interface changes