|Complete||12 hours||160 AZN|
What Topics are Covered?
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 is the latest version of Microsoft’s online collaboration program. This one-level course is designed to get new users of SharePoint up to speed on using this useful tool. Users will be able to create and customize all of the major components, add and edit content, and collaborate with other users.
- Highlights of the course include an introduction to the interface; information about the different SharePoint objects; instructions on how to create, edit, and manage all of the major SharePoint elements; directions on using workspaces, workflows, and SharePoint Workspace 2010; and a guide to customizing almost anything via the online administrative tools.
- Getting Started
- Students will be introduced to what SharePoint is and learn how to move around within the interface and site hierarchy. They will also be given a brief introduction to all the major SharePoint objects, learn a little about their personal homepage, and learn how to use the SharePoint Help file.
- Creating and Managing Content
- This section discusses how to create, edit, and manage pages, sites, libraries, library views, and lists. The Recycle Bin and Site Collection Recycle Bin will also be covered.
- Specialized SharePoint Content
- Now that students have a good understand of how SharePoint and its content works, this section will discuss how to do more with the content they know how to create. It covers library management, including file check-in/out and file versioning. Students will also learn how to create blogs, wikis, workspaces, calendars, and workflows, and perform actions with each object.
- Advanced SharePoint Tasks
- This final section guides students to some of the more advanced SharePoint functionality. Students will learn how to use the Project Tasks list and will receive a crash course on basic project management. This section then moves on to discuss the basics of using programs designed to complement SharePoint: SharePoint Workspace 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010. Finally, this section will give an overview of all the Web-enabled administrative tasks available for SharePoint sites.