This workshop has been designed for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization. Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations. This two-day course is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
What Will Students Learn?
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
What Topics are Covered?
- Getting started and planning
- Force field analysis
- Understanding your audience
- Controlling your jitters and body language
- Making your listener hear you
- Key themes and sentences
- Structuring ideas and organization methods
- Beginnings and endings
- Expanding a basic plan
- Many opportunities to practice and present
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 240 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 16 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.