In 2012 alone, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ordered that $365,400,000 (that’s 365.4 million dollars!) be paid out for discrimination and harassment charges. No wonder companies are working to be more proactive in preventing harassment. But how do you prevent harassment from occurring? What sorts of policies should be in place? What should managers do to protect their employees? And if a complaint is filed, what will we do? All of these questions (and more!) will be answered in this two-day workshop.
What Will Students Learn?
- Explain what is acceptable behavior in the workplace and what is not
- Apply the benefits of harassment training
- Define the various types of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assist in creating a harassment policy
- State some ways to prevent harassment
- Demonstrate some ways to protect yourself from harassment
- Know what to do if you are harassed or accused of harassment
- Understand the complaint process, from the complaint to the reply, to mediation or investigation, to a solution
- Identify situations where mediation is appropriate, and understand how mediation works in those situations
- Describe appropriate solutions for a harassment incident
- Know what to do if a complaint is false
- Help your workplace return to normal after a harassment incident
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining harassment
- The purpose of training
- Creating a harassment policy
- Other prevention strategies
- Nipping it in the bud and protecting yourself
- What if it happens to me?
- What if it’s happening to someone else?
- Someone has filed a complaint against me!
- Addressing a complaint
- Handling false complaints
- Investigating a complaint
- Making the decision and creating solutions
- After it’s over
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 240 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 16 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.