Violence of any sort has many roots. Sometimes there are warning signs of workplace violence, but this is not always the case. It is up to us to learn whatever we can to prevent, identify, and mitigate any threats, and this comprehensive workshop includes everything a workplace leader needs to get started.
What Will Students Learn?
- Describe what workplace violence is
- Identify some warning signs of violence
- Apply the cycle of anger
- Understand Albert Bandura’s behavior wheel and how it applies to anger
- Develop a seven-step process for managing your anger and others’ anger
- Apply better communication and problem solving skills, which will reduce frustration and anger
- Develop some other ways of managing anger, including coping thoughts and relaxation techniques
- Use the nine components of an organizational approach to managing anger, including risk assessment processes
- Respond if a violent incident occurs in the workplace on an individual and organizational level
What Topics are Covered?
- What is workplace violence?
- The behavior wheel and anger process
- Communication, problem solving, and anger management skills
- A systems approach and developing a policy and program
- Risk assessment and risk level analysis
- Hiring practices and workplace design
- Workplace practices and procedures
- Security systems and personnel and training programs
- Developing emergency response plans and threat response process
- The immediate response
- Consulting with the experts
- Gathering and evaluating additional information
- Communicating incidents and threats
- Reviewing the options and analyzing the impact
- Incident response checklist
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Cost: 360 AZN per person, plus applicable taxes.
- Duration: 24 hours
- Prices and dates are subject to change.