What Will Students Learn?
- This Advanced level is intended to help novice users of Windows 8 understand the more complex changes and features found in this operating system. This course will also help more experienced users who have little to no experience using the new file management and security features found in Windows 8.
- Highlights of the course include information on the updated File Explorer program, an in-depth look at managing files and folders, an overview of the features in the new Charms bar, and an introduction to Windows 8 security features.
What Topics are Covered?
- Open File Explorer Welcome to the Advanced level of Velsoft’s Windows 8 courseware! We will begin this course by examining the redesigned File Explorer. In this lesson, we will focus on its interface and the major components of it.
- Using File Explorer To begin the course, participants will learn about the revamped File Explorer application (formerly Windows Explorer). Topics will include using the program, customizing it, and changing folder and search options. Information on the Recycle Bin is also provided.
- Getting Organized Next, participants will learn how to use libraries and how to search in Windows 8.
- Managing Files and Folders This section will focus on creating, managing, and editing files and folders. Administrative file tools (including command prompt and PowerShell) will also be covered.
- Sharing Files and Folders In this section, participants will learn various ways to share, including using the Charms bar and File Explorer.
- Staying Safe with Windows 8 The final section of this course will cover Windows 8 security tools. Topics will include the Action Center, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and the Family Safety Center.